Oral Surgery explained by Ballarat Dental Care dentists. Oral surgery by with our dentists may include tooth extraction or tooth removal and any lesion in the mouth region.
Teeth extractions are generally performed by our general dentists in Ballarat and the complex teeth extractions and any pathology are referred by our dentist to a dental specialist called oral maxillofacial surgeon.
Tooth extractions by dentist usually involve numbing the concerned area and removal of the tooth using forceps and elevators. At times, the bone and the gum need to be cut to remove the tooth and sutured up.
Tooth extractions by the dentists in Ballarat may be done for many reasons but the most common reason is tooth decay, tooth pain, deep hole on the tooth causing tooth ache and tooth is hurting all the time and cannot be saved for various reasons. Removing a tooth creates a space in the jaw, which may or may not need a tooth replacement using implants or denture.
The general process of taking a tooth out by the Ballarat dentists may include the following:
- An OPG or a Small x-ray is taken (Periapical radiograph) and assessed for the shape, size, position of the tooth and anatomical structures.
- Numbing cream (topical anaesthetic) is applied and a local anaesthetic (needle) is given.
- The area is checked for numbness and the tooth is made loose using various instruments and levied out using a forceps.
- Gauze is placed in the area.
- Post operative instructions are given. If necessary, painkillers and antibiotics are given.
If you need teeth removal or tooth extracted at Ballarat, Please use our free dental extraction consultation with our dentists to enquire about tooth extraction costs, you will find our dentist prices on tooth removal are very affordable. You can schedule your teeth removal appointment or you can also call our dentists to book your teeth extraction in Ballarat.