Tooth brushing explained by Ballarat Dental Care dentists:
Tooth brushing also helps to remove the food particles and can also help to prevent caries. Dentist Ballarat tooth brushing recommendations for kids to have a healthy tooth without toothache include:
- Start as soon as the first tooth appears.
- Introduce a soft toothbrush to children at 12 months.
- Introduce toothpaste to children at about 18 months of age.
- Use a pea-size amount of toothpaste.
- Use low fluoride toothpaste for children under six years old.
- Teach children to brush their teeth
- Supervise children teeth brushing sessions
Fluoride is very important. Victorian water is fluoridated. If fluoridated water is not available seek professional dental advice about the use of fluoride toothpaste for children or contact our dentist in Ballarat for advice
Dentists may advise more frequent use of fluoride toothpaste, commencement of toothpaste at a younger age or earlier commencement of use of standard toothpaste. Make sure children get enough fluoride, either through drinking water or supplement to their diet.
If you are in need of kids dental advice for tooth care done at Ballarat, please call our Ballarat Dental Care to book your free dental consultation and speak to our qualified dentists doing kids dental treatments in Ballarat.