Tooth brushing explained by Ballarat Dental Care dentists in Ballarat:
Teeth brushing recommendation by our dentists in Ballarat include:
- Start as soon as the first tooth appears.
- Introduce a soft toothbrush to children at 12 months.
- Introduce toothpaste to children at about 18 months of age.
- Use a pea-size amount of toothpaste.
- Use low fluoride toothpaste for children under six years old.
- Teach children to brush their teeth
- Supervise children teeth brushing sessions
Fluoride is very important. Victorian water is fluoridated. If fluoridated water is not available seek professional dental advice about the use of fluoride toothpaste for children or contact our dentist in Ballarat for advice
Dentists may advise more frequent use of fluoride toothpaste, commencement of toothpaste at a younger age or earlier commencement of use of standard toothpaste. Make sure children get enough fluoride, either through drinking water or supplement to their diet.
If you are in need of any dental advice on your dental treatment done at Ballarat, please call our Ballarat Dental Care in Ballarat to book your free dental consultation and speak to our qualified dentists doing dental treatments in Ballarat.